What is Chromium Nitride CrN ?
Chromium nitride Powder is a Chemical compound of Chromium and Nitrogen with the formula CrN.
Chromium nitride alloy powder is very hard, and is extremely resistant to corrosion. CrN is also a valuable component in advanced multicomponent coating systems, such as CrAlN
Chromium Nitride Properties
Molecular Weight: 66.003 g/mol
Appearance: Black powder
EC number: 246-016-3
Other names: Chromium(III) nitride
Melting point：1770 ˚C
Refractive index: n/a
Chromium(III) nitride can be prepared by direct combination of Chromium and Nitrogen at 800 °C.
Chromium Nitride (CrN) PVD Coating services
CrN is hard, tough and has the best lubricity of the coatings .
Hardness: Hard (2X hard chrome). Not quite as hard as TiN.
Broad range of thicknesses
Electrically conductive and non-oxidizing
No toxicity—used for medical surgical devices and food processing equipment
Uniform coating with no buildup on edges
Benefits: Good wear resistance, excellent lubricity, 2 – 10x tool life
Uses: Wear Components, Forming Tools, Medical Components
Specification of CrN
|brand||chemical composition %|
|size||100-325 mesh orprocessing required|
|packing||100 kg / drum|
|Uses||Thermal spraying , wear-resistant applications.|
Application of Chromium Nitride CrN
1. Used in aviation alloys and special alloys additives.
2. Used on medical implants Used as a PVD coating material for corrosion resistance and in metal forming and plastic moulding applications
3. Thermal spraying, hard alloy, powder metallurgy
4. Used on medical implants
5. Wear-resistant applications on cutting tools
6. Sliding wear applications
7. Holds sharp edges or corners