Breif introduction of Metal Scandium
Metal Scandium is a chemical element with symbol Sc and atmoic number 21.
A silvery-white metallic d-block element, it has historically been classified as a rare earth element, together with yttrium and the lanthanides.
Specification of Metal Scandium
|brand||chemical composition %|
|TEST ITEMS||TEST RESULTS||TEST ITEMS||TEST RESULTS||TEST ITEMS||TEST RESULTS||TEST ITEMS||TEST RESULTS|
Application of Metal Scandium
1. Scandium Metal is applied in optical coating, catalyst, electronic ceramics and laser industry.
2. The main application of Scandium by weight is in Aluminium-Scandium alloys for minor aerospace industry components.
3. It is also applied to make super alloy.
4. Used for high power metal halide lamps(Sc-Na lamps), solar battery, high-energy radiation nuclear shielding (gamma ray sources)
5. Can be used for the production of various aircraft instead of aluminum.
Properties of Metal Scandium
Scandium is a soft metal with a silvery appearance.
Scandium is very light, and its melting point is much higher than that of aluminum.
It develops a slightly yellowish or pinkish cast when oxidized by air.
It is susceptible to weathering and dissolves slowly in most dilute acids.