Breif introduction of Tellurium metal and tellurim powder
Tellurium is a chemical element with symbol Te and atomic number 52
It is a brittle, mildly toxic, rare, silver-white metalloid
Tellurium is chemically related to selenium and sulfur
Its extreme rarity in the Earth’s crust, comparable to that of platinum, is due partly to its high atomic number, but also to its formation of a volatile hydride which caused it to be lost to space as a gas during the hot nebular formation of the planet.
Specification of Tellurium metal and tellurim powder
|Chemical Composition (ppm)|
Application of Tellurium metal and tellurim powder
1. High purity Te tellurium mainly used for preparation II-VI elements chemical compound semiconductor, thermoelectricity tranfer cell, refrigerating cell, Piezoelectric crystal and infrared dector etc.
2. Tellurium was used in the production of cadmium-tellurium-based solar cells, which was the major end use for tellurium.
3. Tellurium is used with bismuth in thermoelectric devices, such as refrigerators and water dispensers because of increased energy efficiency.
4. It can be used as an alloying additive in steel to improve machining characteristics
5. In the chemical industry, Te was used as a vulcanizing agent and accelerator in the processing of rubber and as a component of catalysts for synthetic fiber production.
6. Other uses included those in photoreceptor and thermal cooling devices, as an ingredient in blasting caps, and as a pigment to produce various colors in glass and ceramics.