Brief Description of Zirconium Hydride ZrH2
Zirconium hydride is created by combining refined zirconium with hydrogen. Like titanium, solid zirconium dissolves hydrogen quite readily.The density of zirconium hydride varies based the hydrogen and ranges between 5.56 and 6.52 g cm−3.
They behave as usual metals in terms of electrical conductivity and magnetic properties (paramagntic, unless contaminated with ferromagnetic impurities).
Their structure and composition is stable at ambient conditions.
Even in the narrow range of concentrations which make up zirconium hydride, mixtures of hydrogen and zirconium can form a number of different structures, with very different properties. Understanding such properties is essential to making quality zirconium hydride.
Specification of of Zirconium Hydride ZrH2
|brand||chemical composition %|
|packing||1 kg / bags, 30 kg / barrel|
|Uses||Strong reducing agents, foaming agents, additives and carbide powder.|
Application of Zirconium Hydride ZrH2
1. Strong reducing agents, foaming agents, hard alloy additives
2. The important factor in the operation of several types of nuclear reactors
3. used as hydrogenation catalysts, in powder metallurgy, and as getters in the vacuum tube industry
4. Help establish a seal between a metal and ceramic.
5. uses include acting as a fuel in pyrotechnic compositions, namely pyrotechnic initiators.
Safety of Zirconium Hydride ZrH2
Powdered zirconium hydrides are flammable and can ignite and explode if exposed to heat, fire, or sparks. When heated above 300 °C, they decompose releasing hydrogen gas, which is also flammable.