Brief Description of Vanadium Metal & Vanadium Powder V
Vanadium powder is use in Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) processes including Thermal and Electron Beam (E-Beam) Evaporation and in preparation of pressed and bonded sputtering targets.
Vanadium was discovered in Mexico City in 1801 by A.M. del Rio, and was rediscovered in 1831 by N.G. Selfström in Falun, Sweden. The considerable increase of strength in steel containing small amounts of vanadium was discovered in the early 20th century.
Vanadium is a medium-hard, ductile, steel-blue metal. It is electrically conductive and thermally insulating. Some sources describe vanadium as “soft”, perhaps because it is ductile, malleable, and not brittle. Vanadium is harder than most metals and steels
The elemental metal is rarely found in nature.
Pure vanadium is bright white, soft, and ductile.
It has good resistance to corrosion and it is stable against alkalis and sulfuric and hydrochloric acids
Specification of Vanadium Powder V
|brand||chemical composition %|
|size||-200 mesh, -300 mesh, -400 mesh, or on-demand processing.|
|packing||1 kg / bag, 30 kg / drum|
|Uses||Vanadium is a metal of atomic energy, rockets, missiles, aviation, astronautics, and metallurgical industry in the indispensable material.|
|Note||V-1, grade vanadium content table by the reduction method, less content of impurity elements and get.|
Synonyms of Vanadium Powder V
vanadium metal powder, vanadium powder (V), vanadium tube, steel additive, vanadium alloys, vanadium targets, vanadium turnings, vanadium foil, vanadium plate, vanadium rod, battery additive, CAS 7440-62-2.
Application of Vanadium Metal V
1. Approximately 85% of vanadium produced is used as ferrovanadium or as a steel additive.
2. The addition of vanadium to steels removes occluded oxygen and nitrogen, thus improving the materials’ strength.
3. Vanadium is a metal of atomic energy, rockets, missiles, aviation, astronautics, and metallurgical industry in the indispensable material
4. Vanadium Metal powder has water treatment ,fuel cell and solar applications because of its high surface areas.
5. Vanadium is an important component of mixed metal oxide catalysts used in the oxidation of propane and propylene to acrolein, acrylic acid or the ammoxidation of propylene to acrylonitrile
6. Vanadium compounds are used extensively as catalysts, Vanadium oxide/pentoxide powder V2O5, is used as a catalyst in manufacturing sulfuric acid by the contact process.